Friday, May 8, 2009

Life in Marion, NC

This afternoon, after I was done running some errands, I came home to Chris working on the other end of the land on a fence. We are working on getting part of our land set up for cows! Who knew that it took so much time and HARD work to put up a fence for cows....!! Not to mention $$$!! Oh well, we will get through it...I mean, I know I will....I just talk his head off while he is sweating and digging and all that manly stuff. I offer to help, but assume I will just get in the way...so I talk away. ;) We are hoping to have at least 5 acres fenced in. Once we get that done, we will get a couple cows, and work on fencing in more of the land at that time. So, you may ask...why cows? ! ? I would have laughed at myself 10 years ago and would have never believed such a thing!! We mostly just want to raise our own, hormone free beef!!

Photobucket

Photobucket

Little Bobby watching daddy work hard! It is so funny...Chris will throw roots and limbs over the bank to get them out of the way. Little Bobby runs after them and thinks Chris is throwing a stick for him to fetch!
Photobucket


I picked some wildflowers from our field while Little Bobby was playing in the creek.
Photobucket

And finally, on my way up to the house, I grabbed my basket and walked to our garden to pick some spinach and leaf lettuce for dinner tonight! I love warm weather! :)
Photobucket

1 comment:

  1. oh........little bobby is so cute!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by!

About The Photographer

Blog Archive