Monday, May 11, 2009

My life...

Yesterday Chris washed up the old truck for Church. We had been wanting to get it out for sometime…it just seems like life gets too busy sometimes. After church we went back to the house, changed, picked up Little Bobby and went to Morganton (the next town over). One cannot be in a hurry while driving the old truck. We usually coast at about 40mph. We took the back roads as to not slow anyone else down. I love how the old and young wave at us while we are in the truck and how the old men will stop to talk to us or give up a “thumbs up”. We stopped at a gas station before taking our mini-trip. While at the station, an older man came up to us and started talking. We were both sitting in the truck and out of no where, the old man started crying and saying that he just buried his wife. He went on to talk about his wife and what a great lady she was. My eyes were watering up and it made me realize how lucky I was to have Chris by my side and how I hope can can grow old together. The old man was in our minds the rest of the afternoon. Chris and I went on to eat lunch at a BBQ joint and went for a walk on the Morganton Greenway. It was a perfect afternoon…..but why is it that we are always in such a hurry in life? Does it really matter if the laundry didn’t get folded today or the grass not mowed…will one day really hurt in the whole realm of life? Now...off to do the laundry...one day late!


The grass was so green this weekend that I had to take some pictures of my favorite shoes with the green grass! :)
Photobucket

1 comment:

  1. In my opinion it doesn't matter at all if things get done a little later than we'd have liked. Life is precious...we should try to enjoy it more.

    I know how you feel while in the old truck...we have an old mustang...runs about the same and gets us a lot of thumbs up too!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by!

About The Photographer

Blog Archive